Saturday, December 5, 2009

Here's a question for you...

A friend posed a question for me in an email a few months ago, and I have been pondering it since, and asked permission to address it on my blog. Here is the question:

Why were miracles performed in biblical times, but, they aren't performed now? And I'm not talking 'the cancer is in remission' kinda miracles...I'm talking water into wine miracles...parting of the sea miracles.

I don't understand the mystery. Why does God have to be so elusive? It seems kinda mean, and unfair to us...the generations of people after Jesus...who don't get to see the works of God. In biblical days, they could see, feel, and talk to Jesus. If they had a question, it could be answered. I mean, for those people...they had cold hard facts.

We don't have that luxury. And I guess I kinda answered my own question...there is no physical manifestation of God here today, so we don't have miracles.

That still doesn't seem fair.


I would like to ask my Christian readers to weigh in on this, and I'm going to take a stab at it, and will post on Monday.